In the recent years, black men in sports, music and film- like Drake and Idris Alba, have completely redefined their beard styles and provided the underrepresented group of men the confidence to embrace their facial hairs. However, black men with beards are not at all a new vogue and men have realized that growing a beard is a stepping stone to becoming a man.
When it comes to black men’s facial hairs, there are many who might run into a common set of difficulties. And one of the most effective solutions to this grooming problem is to just let your beard to grow. But what is the right beard grooming kit for black men? Well, let us just dive in to find the perfect solution for it.
Let your Beard to Grow
For black men, it is a golden rule of thumb to let their facial hair grow out or 4-6 weeks before carving their personal beard style. This will enable you to see how your facial hair actually grows and take note of the areas that are patchy or extra thick, which could considerably affect the beard style you choose. Irrespective of the style, you would want to get your beard off to a great start by keeping it properly washed, conditioned and groomed. You need to take care of the skin beneath your beard because the secret to a good beard is a rock solid foundation. Hence, it becomes important that you implement a daily skin regime when you are growing your beard, so that even if you decide to shave it one day, your skin is still smooth and healthy.
Use the Right Products
Since black men require extra moisture to keep their beards from becoming dry and brittle, it is important they use beard grooming products that keeps their facial hair and skin hydrated. Unfortunately most of the soaps and shampoos bought from stores actually dry out your skin and strip your facial hair of essential oils. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid buying soaps and synthetic shampoos from the store without any knowledge of the products.
You must look for beard oils made of unrefined jojoba and pure argan oil. Avoid using those fragrance oils as they are full of harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin and dry out hairs. Post that, follow up with a quality and all natural beard balm. Good beard balms contain the moisturizers that are also present in beard oils, but the balm also contains butters and waxes that acts like sealants to maintain moisture and keep your skin hydrated. An added benefit of using balm is that it makes your beard look thicker.
Beard Care Checklist
When deciding to grow your beard, make sure that you have the following things to get you started on the right track:
- Beard Soap- Look for natural soaps that do not have the naturally occurring glycerin removed.
- Beard Oil- Make sure you choose a beard oil that contains unrefined jojoba and pure argan oil. It is better to stick with essential oils and avoid synthetic fragrance oils.
- Beard Balm- Your beard balm must contain both sealants, like unbleached shea butter and beeswax.
- Beard Brush- Make sure you buy a brush that distributes the oil and balm evenly through the facial hairs.
- Beard Comb- A good beard comb comes with teeth and smooth edges. Cheap combs on the other hand have teeth with sharp edges.
- Moustache Comb- A well-made moustache comb can create a huge difference in how your facial hair appears.
To conclude, these tips regarding the beard grooming kit for black men will get you started on the right path to a healthy beard growth.